Check out this video from Speed Phenom on YouTube where he compares a Porsche 718 Spyder vs. a C8 Corvette that he has owned for over 20,000 miles.
2020 Mid engine Porsche vs. 2020 Mid Engine C8 Corvette
Some of the differences they point out with these two mid engine cars
- Porsche 718 Spyder has a manual option
- 6 piston brakes on the Porsche 718 Spyder
- 4 piston Brembo brakes on the C8 Corvette
- 718 Spyder gets from 0–60 in just 4.2 seconds
- C8 Corvette gets from 0-60 in under 3.0 seconds
- 718 Spyder 3200lbs
- C8 Corvette 3366lbs
To point out they always give the “manual” experience story and Speed Phenom said “if the C8 Corvette had a manual people would buy it no..”
And if you look at the stats on the C7 Corvette only 13% of the C7s sold were manual. So the numbers show even though all these car guys always talk about getting a manual, missing a manual etc… most don’t buy them.
Automatic dual clutch transmissions are hard to beat and nowadays people need another hand for their phones. (lol)